Friday, December 10, 2004

"Have I Told You Lately..."

...just how much I love my guy!

I know, I know...some of you could quote from this blog all the rants I've had about my Habibi and I would say, "you're right, so right!" But now I'm talking about the new and improved, supped-up Habibi. He just makes me feel so special and so happy. I have to admit some of our arguments and problems came from my anxieties and hang-ups about where I thought our relationship should be. Don't get me wrong, he's not completely off the hook on some of the crazy-ass stunts he has pulled. But I have to admit that I haven't given him a chance on certain things to be a husband and a good friend.

I think some of it has to do with him being in Morocco for so long, then coming back broke, some of it is me being back in school which has benefited him as well as it has for me. He sees me focused and dedicated and not always able to do the things I use to around the house and he sees the sacrifices or schedule changes I make in order to make myself free to spend time together. I've sacrificed a lot to be here with him but it was so worth it when he came into the room last night. I was working on my paper and the three of them were in the kitchen blasting music, laughing and dancing. I felt left out but I had work to do. He came in with this angry look on his face, shaking his finger at me. I thought he was going to say something about me being anti-social or something, he says, "Why didn't you (pause) give me a kiss today? Leans down and practically swallowed me, soul and all with his sweet kiss. Then gave me this hug to end all hugs. That was the first time since I was probably a kid, that I felt safe and solid in someone's embrace. That sense of security and confidence is what helps me wake up in the morning and get to work early and its the tone of voice I use when he starts freaking out about money. I tell him, "we're ok, and we're going to continue to be ok". I think now we have a clearly sense of responsible for ourselves and each other. I don't know how it happened or when and frankly I'm not going to rack my brain trying to figure out dates and times. I'm just going to be thankful and positive and move forward and let nothing stand in our way.

B-I-G S-I-G-H!!!

Heart Glasses


SIDE NOTE:

I got some concerned comments and emails about my thoughts on having Prince Buddy de-clawed. I have done a lot of research on it, I think I interviewed 7 people about it and called 3 doctors and the amount of online info is of course, amazing. I wouldn't be considering if it wasn't a necessity. Buddy is 2 years old and has lived on the streets of Brooklyn for what may have been his whole life. He's use to scratching trees and other cat bullies. We also have a rather expensive carpet in our apartment that my landlord has already said I'll probably have to pay to replace. Not to mention some serious scars and (on accident) he got me close to a small vein in my hand and there was squirting and gushing. It takes 3 people to clip his nails and 3 pairs of heavy rubber gloves to get the task done. He's got scratching posts, mats, crappy furniture and old pieces of carpet we've strategically placed in every room. We also has scratching sessions, where Issame and/or I would get on the floor with him and show him how and where to scratch. Right now, it's just an informational conversation, I really don't think we'll do it. Thanks for being concerned about my Buddy-boy!
Cat 9

1 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh I know how you feel Stacey. Must be something in the air because, lately, I have been feeling such a greater love for hubby and we have been married over 10 years!! LOL As for the cat, I had two cats when I lived in the States (both for about 12 years) and both were declawed (fronts only). One of them even went outside all of the time, climbing trees, fighting and everything!! They learn to live without them and survive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home