Friday, November 26, 2004

"River Boats & BBQ"

Turkey
This morning, it was "Revenge of the Turkeys" as it sounded as if they had surrounded the house and were making plans to move in. MY alarm didn;t get me up but they sure did.

We went to Blue Springs National Park and I finally saw my very first live manatee. Everytime I come down, I miss them. Usually I don't come at the right time of year when they migrate down to warmer waters. But my mom thought they might be here because the tempature had started to drop and sure enough, there they were. Very cool!

We took a nature boat along the St. John's River (the longest river in Florida) and saw tons of birds like cattle egrets, red shoulder hawks, turkey vultures, regular vultures, immature & mature ibis & blue herons. Saw a gigantic catfish and one lone alligator.

My mom & I had a giggle fit in the bathroom there and then headed over to a BBQ joint for some lunch/dinner. Now I'm settling in to finally start writing my 12-15 research paper on Ottoman architecture.

Tomorrow...alot of work on the land cleaning up fallen trees & debris. Just call me a little bit country.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Sounds like you are having a great visit with your family. I am sooo happy for you. Great time of the year for family. I sure miss mine right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home