Thursday, April 21, 2005

"Sex Has Ruined Me..."

A quote taken from the magazine about relationships - Tango:

"Sex has ruined me. I can almost pinpoint the very day it ruined me. I'm not exactly sure why, but my mother recently sent me a bunch of old papers, including a copy of my sixth-grade diary. According to this diary, I was involved in some very interesting projects,: I was composing a full length opera about the unfairness of my parents. I was in the midst of teaching my two cats the power of human speech, a project I felt quite sure would win me the Nobel Prize.... Then one day, my diary of opera lyyrics and detailed scientific notes was interrupted by a fateful entry that took up an entire page but was only one sentence long. "Eric Lindstrom is so cute." I never finished the opera, my cats died without speaking a word of English, and I devoted years of my life to worshipping men, writing terrible poetry about them, dreaming of them, crying over them." - Cathryn Michon

It's so true though. I have tons of journals and poetry I've written solely devoted to the trials and tribulations of boys. Nothing marking my successes, dreams or goals unless they are linked to a successful makeout session with a boy. I even have a journal now that I looked over recently and I only seem to write in it when Habibi and I have a fight. I recently thought hard about stopping that type of behavior because if/when we have children and they get their hot little hands on my journal, they're going to think their daddy is a jerk. (He's not) I don't want that. I have taken slow and moderate steps to controlling what and when I write because I want to be known as a fun, positive person--not an angry, crying complainer. It's the other reason I revamped this blog. Constructive and positive, my new mantra.

Speaking of cute boys, you should check out this comedic cutie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home