Monday, April 18, 2005

"Around the World in Just One Blog"

Hey All,

My weekend was quite an international one, thought I'd share some of the highlights on my international tour:

A quick thank you and shout out to my new friend in SPAIN!! Yes, I did receive your fun-filled, goodie-sweet package while I was in Florida. Hubby thought I had ordered him a Barcalona soccer jersey and was chomping at the bit to tear the box open. It took me a second to realize that it was for me and that he had to wait. Thank you for the wonderful treats! Some of those candies are found in Morocco too and it took DH back to his childhood--so your package was a double surprise for us! I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to write you a proper e-mail (I promise I'll send you one tomorrow) I have so much to say and ask you. Yeah, I have a new friend!!!

Now to my friend and Fellow WOM in FRANCE. Just want to say how pleased I am that your family is happy and healthy. You all looked so great in the photos. I know that the past couple of months have been rough but it was worth it to hear the happiness in your post. Hope things stay like this for awhile.

On my way out of the gym on Saturday, I ran into a friend of DH's-Moroccan guy who owns the local pizzeria. Finally, after 4 years met his wife and 3 adorable children. Spent 4 hours hanging out in an ITALIAN pizzeria speaking MOROCCAN with some new little friends.

Sunday was the best day by far, went over to Prospect Park to watch DH play soccer, brought my softball glove along just in case. The day was a great mix of cultures blending international lines as well as game boundaries. The cricket game, interfered with the softball game I was playing which was briefly interrupted when DH rolled in pain onto our field after being pushed out of bounds, and I swear I did not mean to scare the girl playing frisbee but she got way too close to the ball. The amount of languages being spoken on that sunny patch of hilly grass could probably compare to the floor of the UN. I did get a good laugh at watching the Jamacian soccer players smoke it up before they got on the field. World Africa (really World Morocco) defeated Mexico and one scary looking Hungarian girl... The best laugh was showing DH how to put a baseball glove on and when I threw him the ball (real hard) it actually knocked him on the floor. He made me laugh till I was too full yesterday.

We ended the evening at this fabulous new Turkish restaurant where we were able to catch our breath and re-connect from all the Moroccan madness at our house. Slept with a smile on my face and a chatter of international words and flavors on my mind.....

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUURRAAYYY! I've been hearing terrible stories from other GIBSE participants regarding US customs being mean about foreign candy. I am glad it made it there, now I can breath and still hope my package will still make it too.
Look forward to that email and ask away!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Hi Stacey!
It is SO good to hear from you again!
Sorry I'm so busy with 2 jobs... I'll try to drop in when I can!
~Lyd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home