Monday, March 28, 2005

"Out of a Job?"

Apparently blogging and bloggers has put Liz Smith out of a job. To all those aspiring professional gossip column writers who have yet to be born, I offer you may condolences. Snicker! Snicker!

Well, I survived another invasion of Moroccans as well as the Pirate Ship ride at Coney Island this weekend. I noticed that whenever I'm at someone else's house and there is more than 2 Moroccan women there, I instantly become one of those kids that never gets picked to play on anyone's team for anything. And since I wasn't that kid growing up, I didn't quite know how to handle the situation. So I just sat there, looking like a loser- bit of a bummer.

Despite my current feeling about Moroccan women, I thought I'd highlight an interesting link to a Moroccan female artist:

Susan Viva, photographer and painter, was born in Casablanca, Morocco. She studied photography in Canada. Back in 1984, she rediscovers the dazzling lights and colors, the oriental way of life.

Her photo-paintings, called hyperrealist, are the result of a complex technique that allies silverphotography, digital painting, silk screen printing , hand painting on canvas. Each step allows her to work on différent elements of her photos : light, textures, graphism and colors are enhanced. Each work becomes an original and the series are limited.

"Here's to looking adversity and discrimination in the face and being the better person" -Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home