Friday, April 30, 2004

I guess it's officially Friday, so it's okay to start a new blog. One of Issame's cousins/friends returned from Morocco today bearing gifts. Cookies (of course), some pointy Moroccan sandals (like Elf-shoes )-they are very popular here in the city. We've seen a lot of women wearing them and found out that they've paid some where between $50-90 buckaroonies on shoes that cost about $10 to make. We're thinking of doing some importing ourselves.

Baby update
Our favorite preemie seems to be doing well. Big Daddy Duane brought in one of her diapers to show us how small she is. Let's just say it's not much bigger (if in fact smaller) than what we ladies may use on a monthly basis. Hope I didn't freak or gross anyone out.

Well I can't sleep, thinking about all the places I want to visit in Morocco and the things we'll buy and making sure there's a wee bit of money left over for when I get back. Don't want to tap out my whole savings on this trip. It's funny because I was saving all that money to move out and well someone's hand has helped turn the tide around. (My personal belief is that that Hand dropped a piano or anvil on a certain Moroccan somebody's head when I wasn't looking....Yeah, God!) But that's a whole other story for when I appear on Oprah.

I'm thinking right now that I'm pretty fortunate (not lucky) to be where I am. I really like my job and the people I work with, I love my neighborhood and my apartment, I'm working out and losing weight so I feel pretty healthy, I've got a good bunch of friends, my family is healthy and living the high life, and I've (finally) got a great support system at home and someone who's interested in me and has (magically) fallen in love with the idea of loving me. After all that, I've probably jinxed myself. I should throw salt at someone or hop on one leg backwards while whistling Dixie and rubbing a rabbit's foot between my thumb and pointer finger or something. For now, think I'll lay my sleepy head down and lay a silent prayer on my lips....Night All!

Morning!

Made it in all right to work. Allergies acting up but am looking forward to 5 p.m. whistle!

Almost time to get myfanny outta here. Nothing major planned for the weekend. It all depends on the weather. Am hoping to get some rollerblading in while Habibi plays some soccer in Prospect Park.

Be good to yourself...

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. --Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home