Monday, April 19, 2004

Weekend briefing:

Friday evening
I had left work early to get some rest, my migraine was out of control. I slept for a long while and then met up with Habibi at another Moroccan place in the city.
[ Between us, this will be our last excursion to a Moroccan restaurant--I'm exhausted from hearing comments about how outrageous prices are and such and it just ruins the evening.] But all-in-all, we did have a great time. The food was excellent and as always he befriended the waiter and they gave us dessert on the house. The place advertised live music-there really wasn't any, and that's the real reason we wanted to go there. They did have a belly dancer but she danced for only 15 minutes then left. It was a little strange and the management was weird (they kept looking over everyone's shoulders. ) It was alot of fun though and for the 1st time I think ever, the handsome guy sitting across from me was extremely romantic and made me feel extra special!

Saturday

Weather was amazing! Sunny, warm and fun. Met up with my old roomie and good friend Chandra in downtown Brooklyn. We ate at this amazing Indian restaurant. The food was delicious--I go there often. We had a window seat so we could look out on all the people enjoying the day. Then we headed outside and walked the Brooklyn promenade with a great view of downtown Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge. There were so many cute little doggies out . We got some ice cream and walked the promenade again. It's always good to catch up with Chandra, I always feel so energized and inspired afterwards.

Have some PowerPuff Girls fun.

Sunday
Funny story. It's about 11am and I head to Pathmark to pick up some groceries. I get to the corner of the block and suddenly I hear bagpipe music and it was like right out of a Fellini movie and this mini-parade emerged from no where. a small fleet of bagpipers are leading a parade down the street. It apparently was opening day at the little league field and they organized all the tiny tots to wear their colorful tees and walk down the street to the field. It was stinkin' cute and a little surreal but I couldn't help but clap for them.

Habibi and I went out for a walk along the Marina. Because we live near the water, there was a little breeze yesterday. So we ducked into this mini-mall that has a small Turkish cafe and we sat on benches draped in Turkish carpets and scarves and had some coffee & cappuccino with baklava and talked about our trip to Morocco this summer. It was nice and relaxing, you felt like you were somewhere else.

There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool. --L. M. Boyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home