Tuesday, February 17, 2004

WEEKEND UPDATE

Saturday
HAPPY LOVE DAY TO ALL!!!


Woke Issame up early for a hearty breakfast and to get him out the door to head over to Bay Ridge to watch the final cup in the Africa Cup of Morocco vs. Tunisia. He was all decked out in his Morocco t-shirt with the National teams jacket and a huge Moroccan flag that he wrapped himself in.

I spent the morning cleaning and headed out to Carvel to buy an ice cream Valentine's Day cake for later on.

I tried to get online to see the score but was having trouble with the DSL. Then Issame called and I was all excited to find out what happened and he says, "don't speak to me for the rest of the day." I replied, "considering today is Valentines Day, that might be a little bit hard." Turns out Morocco lost to Tunisia 2-1. Sorry guys.

Then the guys went to play some indoor soccer and work out their frustration. I'm sure they re-lived the last quarter of the game where in this version, Morocco won. I was so exhausted from cleaning, that I tried to nap for awhile on the couch. I was just about to doze off when the doorbell started ringing wildly. It startled me and I jumped up and opened the door. Just as I opened it a bouquet of roses fell on my feet and there was no one to be found. I poked my head out further and found the cutest Moroccan in the world hiding behind the BBQ on our porch. What a sweetie!

We then got all dressed up to go out for dinner. We went to his wonderful Turkish restaurant called Istanbul over by the marina. The food was absolutely amazing! I have never tasted food like that before. We had a large Shepherd's salad and hummus for starters and then we both had the Special Adana Kebob with is ground lamb spiced , then wrapped in filo dough with a special sauce. OMIGOSH! C'est magnifique!!! We ended the evening with some Turkish coffee and Issame attempted to tell my fortune from the stains inside the coffee cup. A trick I learned from my best Armenian friend, Ramela. Issame's fortune came true, it showed a guy and a girl kissing--how appropriate for V-Day!

On the way home, we stopped by our friend's pizzeria, a fellow Moroccan, so that he and Issame could discuss the game. Ali looked really ill and when we left I asked Issame if he was alright. Apparently he took the loss f the game very hard and was so sick that he couldn't keep any food down. An eccentric fan!

We returned home to several messages from a couple we've been hanging out with ALOT recently-Adil & Vanessa. They apparently wanted to go out to dinner with us for the V-Day. So they stopped by and we told them to go have dinner at the Turkish place and then come back to our house for ice cream cake. They then persuaded us to go back to the restaurant with them. So there we were an hour later back in the same place. The hostess thought something terrible had happened and came over to see if we were ok, we explained to her what happened and she was thrilled. Issame and I ate the salad and hummus AGAIN! So delicious.

We then ended a very lovely evening with ice cream and laughs at our place.


Sunday
Happy Birthday, Susan B. Anthony! You rock girlfriend!

Was suppose to meet with my friend Heather today to go to the Museum Dia Beacon in upstate New York. But Heather had such an awesome time the night before at a V-Day party that we decided to postpone our trip. It was just as well because I was still recovering from this cold and needed the day to rest and get some paper work done. Had the place to myself with Issame and Ilyas out for the day.

Click here to help hand out free mammograms to women in need. Breast Cancer


Monday
It's President's Day. A day to honor presidents who have served, not by buying a new car or togo shopping but to take a look at where we've been and where we are headed. Thanks GW & TJ!

Don't forget to register to vote!

Had an easy going morning with my Habibi. Made sfinge (fried Moroccan donuts) and Moroccan tea. Then we headed over to Vanessa & Adil's place so Issame could cook Moroccan sardine and fish tagine. Again, an amazing food experience.

Issame is such a talented cook. He showed Vanessa and I how to clean the fish, make the stuffing and then fry the fish. he then prepared the tagine with salmon steaks and veggies and then slow cooked it in a tagine. The four of us them watched a movie devoured the sardines and then slowly indulged in the fish tagine. Yummy

I ended the evening watching an interview with Mel Gibson discussing his new movie the Passion, the story about the last 12 hours of Christ's life. I'll probably go to see the movie, I'm quite curious to see how it is portrayed.

Movies I watched over the weekend :
Get on the Bus
City by the Sea
Sopranos ( Season 4, disc 1)
Deliver Us From Eva (LL Cool J is hot!)

Today, Tuesday
Had to head back to work. Left Issame sleeping so sweetly and soundly in bed. I wanted to stay there with him. Feel very sleepy today just want to curl up and nap somewhere.

Am meeting my brother for dinner tonight in Queens. Hope I can keep it together. Hope you enjoyed our weekend...I did!

Here's to love in your eye....

It's now almost 4 p.m. and it's been a real slow day. Feel very sleepy-I want to nap at my desk.

One more hour to go.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home