Friday, April 29, 2005

"In A New York Minute..."

In a matter of 15-20 minutes yesterday evening, I lost my cell phone, found out it had been picked up by so man who then sold it to another man for $40, then that 2nd man (who happened to be Arab) then told me he would sell it pack to me for $50 if I met him in the next 10 minutes on some street corner. Can you believe that?

This all happened yesterday near 34th Street in about 20 minutes. Habibi and I are calling my phone trying to talk some sense into this guy who's then trying to get us to sympathasize with him because if he just gives it back, then he'll be out of $40. Right, I'm sorry my sympathy lever was on a empty for somebody who buys and re-sells "hot" goods.

So Habibi also ripped into him about Arabs taking advantage of other Arabs and probably threw in a quote or two from the Koran. The guy calls back about a half hour later, offering to mail us the SIM card but not the phone. Habibi told him shukran but no shukran. My phone company has already mailed me out a new phone and SIM card at no charge.

In retrospect, I'm sitting here laughing, thinking how funny this guy must look because the crotch area in his pants must be huge, filled with two inflatable balloons that he's been condemned to walk the earth with (hence the balls on some people)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home