Thursday, May 05, 2005


The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, with some recognition in other parts of the Mexico, and especially in U.S. cities with a significant Mexican population. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16.  Posted by Hello

It's also my SIL's birthday (or the day she was hatched, spawned, battery inserted, however you choose to say it). I was very good and got her a dozen deep-colored hot pink roses from Habibi and me. I think I deserve a gold star for that one, don't I?

1 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger Pat said...

One gold star from me!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home