Tuesday, January 25, 2005

"Train Buddies"

Well it took an hour and a half to get here this morning but I manage to make it out of the apartment and to the train station. I had to dodge yellow (and brown) patches of snow, tread lightly and pay a toll through the pool of black slush and sit on a train filled with Manhattan-bound, Jesus-loving terrets syndrome citizens but I made it.
Peeing In The Snow

It's funny to me to see certain people day after day on the train. They become your little transportation friends or as a friend of mine from college use to call them: train buddies.

There's the bald guy with terrets--he likes to flail his arms alot and looks a little like Uncle Junior from Sopranos
Father Smiley


The woman with the cross bone tote bag
Jolly Roger

Random Russian Bears
Black Bear

The loud talking Asian women who eats Dunkin Donuts bagel and coffee
Coffee

Random lost Russian guy


The 3 drunks: 2 guys and a girl. The girl looks to be about 18 months pregnant but its a stomach tumor that's preserved with all the alcohol she consumes.
Bum Bum Pregnant Smiley
A new "buddy" caught my eye this morning. Must be an x-marine cause his hair was closely cropped and his shoes recently shined. He was wearing pressed white khakis and a crisp ironed blue button down shirt with tie. Now the thing that really got to me was the white khakis. With all the snow out there, there will be track and sludge marks all over the back of them. Poor guy!
Captain

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Me said...

I keep forgetting that the US does indeed have subway systems. I know what you mean about train buddies. I used to have a ca. 30 minute commute to work and had bus and train buddies. Now that I live closer to town, the trains come every 3 minutes in the morning, so I don't always see the same people every day any more, since one extra minute in the bathroom can mean new train buddies. The trains are much fuller here and at times, we are literally like a bunch of sardines. Sometimes it's a game to see if just one more person can fit in the door!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home