Friday, December 31, 2004

"Worst Day Ever"

Ok, I know there is only a few hours left to the year but by golly, yesterday was a challenge. I had scheduled way in advance an appointment with a new OB/GYN and went for a scheduled annual appointent. I was there for 3 hours. Worst waiting room experience ever. Every pregnant woman in Manhattan was there and I was not apriority. Got there before 10 which was when my appointment was suppose to be, filled out some forms and then sat there till about 11:45. Then they take me, I do the whole pee in a cup thing-change into the ever so fashionable robe and wait another 30 minutes half naked for the doc.

I get out of there at around 1 and call work to make sure I still have a job-turns out they're closing the office I should just go home. Ugh!

I hadn't eaten any breakfast cause who knew I would be there so long. I get home around 2ish and the newlyweds apparently have just gotten up. Darn! was hoping to have the place to myself. No worries, I ran some errands.

Habibi came home and I wanted to go out for dinner but he was real tired but perked up when the guys called him to go out for a few hours. So I took my sulky ass to bed and that's when things got worse...
Shower
No sooner does he leave, when the newbies come back--I think they had an argument or something. So I go to take a shower and there is about foot of water waiting for me in the shower stall. Pipe is clogged. I attempt to fix it myself-no problem. It seems to be working but the clog is real bad--call Habibi who's like, 'it's not gonna get fixed tonight, we'll just use the bathtube." (Tube and shower stall are separate) Well I attempt to empty water out of the stall into the tub (cause water is now black and gross) and it won't go down the tub drain. Ok, that's it no more! I go to put the tools back in the closet, as I'm doing this, I giant can of Lysol falls, lands on my big toe nail, smashes and cracks it to smithereens. Blood everywhere! Toe is now an amazing shade of teal and I've got blood oozing out of it.
Ouch

Call Habibi cause I'm in too much pain and stunned by this. He says, "I'll be right there and I'll clean it for you." First I thought it might be broken cause it was way too painful and I couldn't move it. So I lay down on the bed with the foot hanging off it. By the time he got home, I had fallen asleep and it had been a couple of hours and not the 10 minutes he promised. In the meantime, my toe is still bleeding and is running down my foot making it look really bad. He comes in--runs over and goes "oh, my God!, I thought you were joking." My toe is now the size of my foot and there is discoloration and blood everywhere. He cleaned me up and I whimpered a bit then he has the ambition or inspiration to get a bit amorous. I turn to him and say, "my lesbian doctor has been down there today and the shower is broken..." He moves slowly away from me and rolls ov er.

Oh, so long, farwell 2004. I will not miss you at all!
Glasses

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Gosh sweetie! I sure hope today was better than yesterday! And: yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home