Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"Cat-ternal Control"

So prior to getting our beloved Buddy Cat, we had talked about getting a cat. We both thought it would be a good lesson in responsibility and I thought it be interesting to see how our roles as parents might play out. Do not get me wrong--I know the difference between taking care of a pet as opposed to a child.

PettingHowever, I'm not sure Issame does. The cooing and coddling of this cat by my husband has led me to the conclusion that either a) he's warped or b) he's secretly had baby fever all along but didn't have a venue to express it in.

I'm not jealous, I'm amused. At first he was jealous of my relationship with the cat. Now I had gotten Buddy while Issame was away in Morocco so we had about 6 weeks of alone/bonding time. But now its ust what I like to call OOC-Out of Control

Even his friends have made comments about it but I think it's sweet-its another side of him that I get to see and when we do decide to make that all important step (which we hope will be in another year or two) I think we can both be better prepared about what roles and expectation of roles we can expect with each other.
Babysitting






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home