Monday, August 30, 2004

"Butterflies for Breakfast...mmmmm Yummy!"

Butterfly 4 Butterfly 4 Butterfly 3 Butterfly 3 Butterfly 3 Butterfly 3 Butterfly 3 Butterfly 3
So today is the first day of graduate school and like a big azz dork I am nervous as all hell. I know I'll be fine its just the initial getting it over part. Tonight is Islamic Art which I am very excited about for many reasons. I have not previously taken or read much about it so at the very least (even if I fail) I'll learn something new. I'm hoping my Habibi can help me with some of the translations if necessary.
Students

The one thing I have yet to discuss or mention is the Republican National Convention (RNC). I got into work suprisingly well, considering my train stop is right underneath the Stock Exchange and there were a few more police on Wall Street but nothing out of the norm. The trains were running smoothly. The only thing was I was unable to go into the city over the weekend because of mass protests which messed up my plans a bit but in the long run I saved some cash. One of my co-workers and awesome office-mate CM Goth will be staying at my place tonight to save her from the hassling commute on the LIRR. Plus, I welcome the company.

Medals
Bye bye Olympics see you in Beijing! China

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." --Malcolm Forbes, in Forbes MagazineUS art collector, author, & publisher (1919 - 1990)
Rainbow

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Here are some more quotes about education for your enjoyment:

“Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” ~~Will Durant

"Education is not a preparation for life; education is life itself." ~~John Dewey

“Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire.” ~~William Yeats

"The school is not the end but only the beginning of an education." ~~Calvin Coolidge

"To entrust the government with the power of determining the education which our children receive is entrusting our servant with the power to be our master."
~~David Nasaw

“You tell me, and I forget. You teach me, and I remember. You involve
me, and I learn.” ~~Benjamin Franklin

BTW... I am adding the one you posted to my collection.
: )

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Sooooo....how did the first class go??? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home